As part of the framework of the Cable’s website and community, participation from both active members and the public is welcome and encouraged.
We aim to offer a platform for high-quality and interesting discussion from comments, conversations, proposals and debates within an inclusive and safe environment for all.
To achieve these aims we ask all participants in the community to follow some simple guidelines:
- Everyone is welcome to voice their opinion as long as they are respectful and relevant to the conversation. Any personal attacks, including threatening and offensive derogatory comments will not be tolerated. Please be considerate with your comment and recognise that others may not hold a similar view.
- Any comment that is off-topic or deliberately derailing the topic of conversation may be removed in order to keep the discussion relevant and on-course.
- Please refrain from posting any personal information such as addresses, emails, phone numbers which may relate to you or other individuals.
- We will remove any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
- Spam comments are normally handled well by Akismet, although any commercial or political comments with the agenda of self-promotion may be removed. The expression of political views is fine -self promotion of commercial interest less so.
- Comments relating to support or getting in touch with a specific co-ordinator are better addressed via email. Please check the contact page.