Refer a friend
Grow free media
Get free stuff
Not yet a member? Join today and start referring your friends!
Members make the Cable.
But we really need more of us.
To stay on track towards sustainability we need 500 more members by Christmas.
More members will help us to:
- amplify more voices
- better hold power to account
- provide more community journalism training
- build towards sustainability
to nudge people who like the Cable to get behind us and become a member, because we need them AND you.
As a member, every time you refer a friend to join up we’ll send you both a (really quite nice) little thank you, which you can choose.
All you have to do is send your unique referral link to a friend, and persuade them to join for at least £3 a month (as much as they can!)
- You will have an email about the refer a friend campaign with your unique referral link. You can also find it by logging into your Cable account.
- Send your link to a friend and tell them why they should join the Cable!
- Once your friend has signed up for at least £3 a month using your link, both of you will be able to select from a range of exclusive Cable merch.
- That’s it! You can repeat with as many friends as you like until we close the scheme on 18 November, when we’ll send out the gifts.
- Ask a friend who’s a member to send you their referral link.
- Sign up for £3 or more per month and select your thank-you gift.
- As a member you can now refer friends with your referral code! It will be sent to you by email, and it’s accessible via your account.
Available for both referrer and new member when they sign up at £5 per month or £60 per year
Ethically produced on organic cotton, these stylish shirts will mark you out as someone who knows what’s going on.
Designed by a local Cable illustrator, this beautiful A4 poster visualises the power of community media.
£10 Watershed voucher
You may love independent cinema, or you may think it’s not really for you. Either way they show some cracking films at the Watershed.
£10 Bristol Streetwear voucher
Bristol Streetwear has gained notoriety for adding Bristol attitude and humour to high profile brands.
£10 Tangent Books voucher
Founded in 2004, Tangent Books is the go to for everything from real guides to Bristol, radical history and more.
Available for both referrer and new member when they sign up at £3 per month or £36 per year
Journey to Justice mugs
(Very) limited edition mugs produced right here in Bristol by PRSC celebrating and memorialising Bristolians who have fought for our rights.
Bristol Cable mug
A beautifully custom designed mug for sharing a warm pot of community-ownership.
Ticket to Cable gig
The Cable has been known to throw a great party. Details to be confirmed but expect a great venue and local acts.