Perhaps you would like to help with events, fundraising, membership, distribution or many other activities?
Getting involved in The Bristol Cable is easy – let us know how you want to participate through this quick form.
You can also come along to our Getting Involved sessions at 6.30pm on the first Monday of the month (with some exceptions), just before our monthly members meeting.
If you have information to tell us or an article pitch, please see the Got a Story? page.
Applications from women and/or BAME and other minorities underrepresented in media are particularly encouraged.
We are seeking community correspondents to work with the Cable on an ongoing basis. Could this be you?
We encourage both those with journalism experience and those without. If you’re new to journalism, we can help you develop your skills. This includes reporting, data analysis, design and research skills.
- Be willing to work closely with us and accept comments and suggestions on your projects.
- Have enough time to put in the research and writing needed to produce quality content.
- Consider developing an area of expertise in your content.
- Be reliable re. deadlines!
We can offer:
- Mentoring in research and reporting where necessary.
- Members-only workshops on a wide range of skills taught by experts. Many workshops are on topics which have wider application beyond just journalism, for example advanced research skills and IT workshops.
- Free entry for Cable events
- A place in the Cable team, producing independent grassroots journalism in Bristol.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch via email@example.com. Tell us who you are and why you want to get involved.