Become a member of The Bristol Cable
Not in Bristol?
…or scroll down for more options
The Bristol Cable is a media co-operative – created and owned by over 1450 people in the city.
The best way to get involved is by become a member: contribute to quality journalism and have your say on how the Cable is run.
If you want to support the Cable but do not live in Bristol or do not want to become a member, you can make a donation or become a supporter instead.
You can become a co-op member for a minimum £1 a month or £12 a year, but please consider contributing more! See below for more options to contribute financially.
As a member of the Bristol Cable co-op, you will enjoy:
- Owning and creating a pioneering answer to the failure of mainstream and local media
- A direct say on key decisions such as money, stories and events as well as vote and stand for election at general meetings
- A print copy of The Bristol Cable delivered to your door (from £3 subscription a month)
- Free access to events, including workshops on investigative journalism and exclusive film screenings
- Discounts in cafes and venues and workshops around the city
How much should I give?
As little or as much as you’d like, but the more the merrier. Whether you’re paying £1 or £25, everyone gets a single share and a single vote at our AGM.
Contribute £3 per month or more to receive a print copy of the Cable in the post.
Click here to find out where your contributions go. When you are ready, choose an option below.